Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Very Neanderthal Easter

The thing I love the most about Easter? Chocolate. The thing I love the most about paleoanthropology? Neanderthals. So this past weekend, I decided to combine the two!


From left to right: Chatelperronian ornament, déjeté sidescrcaper, convergent sidescraper (or is it a Mousterian point? no choco-cave bear around to test it), and Levallois point (milk chocolate); center: Neanderthal (white chocolate). Thought about putting in a drop of milk chocolate to give it brown eyes, but figured it might be overkill...


2 comments:

pat mro said...

Good to see that there are more paleo-bakery nerds around. As you can see (pic below) it works with the Upper Paleolithic and Christmas as well. Though, I must admit, your tools and fossils are better preserved than mine, but concerning sweets I prefer icing instead of retouch.

http://s16.postimage.org/me3o1ddfo/DSC00783.jpg

Julien Riel-Salvatore said...

Haha - these are great!! Now we know why Neanderthals went extinct... no frosting! :-)

JRS